- Size: Revenue from $5 million to $20 million; EBITDA from $700,000 to $3 million
- Sector: Light Manufacturing, Services and Consumer Products
- Type: Businesses with niche market leadership, proven product or service with a history of revenue growth and positive cash flow
- Location: Central and Southern Ohio and Indiana, central Kentucky and Tennessee and eastern South Carolina.
- Horizon: Long term focus; build and grow.
- Influence: Controlling investments only
Clear Water Capital Partners will not invest in (i) turn-arounds, (ii) capital intensive manufacturing, (iii) bricks and mortar retail, (iv) commodity businesses, (v) project-based revenue companies and (vi) companies with high customer concentration.
- People: We invest in high integrity / character people and feel they are any company’s greatest asset.
- We invest in strong constructive cultures.
- Businesses with clear missions and strategies.
- The company must have a formidable reputation in a space with material barriers to entry.
- The company must be unique either in its business model, products or services. Ideally the company will be a "disrupter" in some way within their space.
- We seek companies that have a highly motivated and talented management team in place and key members must ideally be willing to stay and take an equity stake.
- An owner that is committed to orchestrating a transition with the company and ideally has an expectation of price to ensure a speedy and efficient transaction.
- We do not seek to enter competitive bidding situations and prefer situations where non-business issues have resulted in the sale of a business.
We are seeking the following types of transactions: (i) owner succession; partial or full exit, (ii) growth investments, (iii) management buy-outs